New Medium Full Drawstring Bridal Petticoat Wedding Gown Slip
This bridal petticoat/slip has a drawstring waist that fits sizes 4-20 (22" TO 38" WAIST). The slip is 40 inches in length and it has a top and underskirt made from crisp white bridal taffeta. Top skirt has a double 11" ruffles with beautiful scalloped lace trim on the bottom ruffle. Two tiers of tulle ruffle are attached to the underskirt and sandwiched in between so that no netting touches your skin and for added fullness to give an ultra slimming A-Line shape.


I needed a petticoat for an early 20th century costume that I was to wear at a museum function. I tried on a lot of petticoats and hoops but couldn't find one that would let me ride comfortably in a car and yet look authentic when I got to my destination. After reading that this petticoat had a drawstring waist, I decided to give it a try. Am I glad. This petticoat gives me the fullness I need to look authentic and also lets me do modern things like drive my car to get there. Why? Because I can loosen the drawstring when I get into the car to manage the bulkiness and then once I get to where I'm going I can pull it up and fit it to my waist so that the costume looks perfect. It's not scratchy because it has a soft lining between my body and the stiff material that creates the fullness in the slip. There is also a lining between the costume and the inner stiff material that allows the skirt to hang straight and not bunch. I'm giving my hoops away and keeping this petticoat. With the drawstring waist, I can use it even if I lose or gain weight. Definitely a keeper. 
 
Top